HO Hovercraft Womens Slalom Ski with FreeMAX Boot & RTP (2021)
With a surface area comparable to two skis combined, the Hovercraft provides get-ups easier than on a wakeboard and once up, it rips turns like a surfboard!
HO Hovercraft Womens Slalom Ski
With a surface area comparable to two skis combined, the Hovercraft provides get-ups easier than on a wakeboard and once up, it rips turns like a surfboard! It’s a great choice for beginners all the way to experts who want fun surf-inspired open water ski sessions. Great control and better balance in a low effort waterski that works great at low speeds. The days of tug-of-war deep water starts are over, as the Hovercraft lifts skiers out of the water like they’ve been given a helium injection. Widetrack Frame: Extra stable platform for easy deep water starts. The fuller ski outline means clear directional getups…less wobble & less spray in the face! More surface area also allows for smoother getups at slower speeds!
Available Sizes: 65", 67"
HO FreeMAX Womens Slalom Ski Boot
Open Water Freeride Ease
The MAX Ski Boot Collection was conceptualized, designed and created on this minimalist ideal. The skyMAX and freeMAX slalom ski boots give skiers a window into the future of water ski boot form and function. Combining the art of traditional “old world” lasting techniques with cutting edge footwear materials, HO has created the industry’s best fitting, most comfortable collection of water ski boots. The addition of HO’s Direct Connect Mounting System pushes water ski boot performance to a new level, unobtainable with traditional boot plates. With hundreds of hours of fit and on-water testing, the MAX Ski Boot Collection redefines what can be expected from a water ski boot.
Direct Connect Mounting System
Direct Connect positions boot mounting hardware directly beneath the foot’s natural balance and mobility centers: the heel and ball of the foot. Direct Connect eliminates the traditional mounting plate, greatly reducing boot weight, boot drag, and the boot’s impact on ski flex. The result is a natural 1:1 skier-to-ski moment-of-inertia never experienced before on the water. Direct Connect allows the entire HO Skis Boot Collection to redefine what can be expected from a water ski boot.
Natural Edge Angle
The traditional boot plate, with its perimeter mounted hardware, creates an artificially leveraged slalom ski. As the skier’s center of mass shifts off the side of the ski in a typical slalom cut, the traditional boot plate imparts an abrupt push and pull force on the ski's edges. Similar to a light switch, the ski is either “on" or “off” edge.
HO’s Direct Connect Mounting System
Replaces the traditional light switch with a modern dimmer switch! Imagine have ability to control the exact edge angle you desire, without being limited to the binary on/off edge pressure of a traditional boot plate. Just like an airplane rolls about its longitudinal axis, HO’s Direct Connect allows a slalom ski to roll about is longitudinal axis. The result is a natural edge angle feel where the skier is in completely control to choose desired edge angle.
Don’t let the marketing department fool you; no floating plate system eliminates a traditional boot plate’s effect on ski flex. HO’s Direct Connect System reduces the ski boot’s flex footprint dead spot by up to 50%. With Direct Connect, the ski is allowed to flex more closely to its intended design, allowing for smoother and tighter slalom turns.
For years slalom skiers have been able to adjust fin location to the thousandth of an inch. But at the same time, skiers have been limited to large incremental boot adjustment, due to the mounting holes on traditional boot plates. Not anymore! HO’s Direct Connect Mounting System allows skiers infinite fore and aft boot adjustment. Now skiers can fine tune boot position as accurately as fin location, ensuring optimum ski setup. In addition, Direct Connect allows for up to +/- 7 degrees of boot rotation. The days of limiting your natural slalom stance, due to your boot plate hanging over the side of the ski, are over!
- Swallow Tail Tri-Fin for Surf Style Control: Very easy to turn without having to master edge control. The swallow tail thruster facilitates great hold and traction while it’s three fins enable pivotal turns from the tail, like a surfboard.
- Extra stable platform for easy deep water starts. The fuller ski outline means clear directional getups…less wobble & less spray in the face! More surface area also allows for smoother getups at slower speeds!
- Flexbody Construction: Lightweight high-flex build allows users to steer from the tail to dynamically maneuver or cruise and mellow. Great for learning and super fun for advanced --- rips like a surfboard!
- SpeedSkin Base: Fish-scale inspired advanced laminar textured ski base reduces ski drag and increases ski speed by breaking up water molecules during ski to water contact.
- Hex Fin: NACA Airfoil inspired 3-dimensional fin enhances ski versatility by increasing glide speed and turning properties.
- NEW! Lower 175mm tall cuff height: Low profile for increased flexibility and comfort
- NEW! SBR Closed Cell Foam Liner for a natural rubber feel
- Composite textile shell. Reinforced in the Achilles spine and heel cup for improved durability. Softened over the instep and cuff wings for a more secure fit.
- 10mm thick, zero-drop, contoured footbed provides a solid platform for improved balance
- Dual Lace Zones: low drag bungee upper, static lower for precision control
- Removable Footbed Anchoring System for easier mounting
- Available with DirectConnect and traditional aluminum plate options fit all ski brands